Welcome to the ultimate Israel car rental guide that will walk you through everything you need to know about renting a car in Israel. So I am sure you heard about the crazy Israeli drivers. But don’t let that detour you from renting a car in Israel! So the Holy Land has fabulous modern roads; getting to know the country by car is a great way to tour it. Also, you’ll be surprised but it’s not that expensive as well! You can rent a car right at Ben Gurion AirPort. In addition, you have many different car rental agencies in major cities like Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. So car rental agencies like Hertz; Budget; Europcar; Eldan are all available all over Israel.
Israel Car Rental: AutoTel Car Sharing
Autotel car sharing in Tel Aviv is a great option for getting around the city. It’s a better, worry-free way to move around town? So this way you help to create less traffic, cleaner air and less stress for you. You can download their app, book your car and be on your way. Oh, and enjoy free parking wherever you go. Last, Israel drives on the right-hand side of the road (like most of Europe and the US), and there are GPS and maps available in English. As a rule of thumb, Israeli highways are numbered even for north-south, and odd for east-west.
The major highways in Israel are:
- Route 1 – Tel Aviv to Jordan River.
- Route 2 – Tel Aviv to Haifa
- Route 4 – Erez Border Crossing (Gaza) to Rosh HaNikra
- Route 6 – Kiryat Gat to Barkai
- Route 20 – Rishon LeZion to Herzliya
- Route 40 – Lotan to Kfar Saba
- Route 65 – Caesarea to Afula
- Route 70 – Zichron Yaakov to Shelomi
- Route 90 – Taba Border Crossing to Metulla